Monday, November 2, 2009

Acceptance...It Feels Nice

So, I didn't want to leave everybody hanging about my grad school application...

I got accepted!

Please pray for Stuart and I as we have to make several choices between now and December! We both feel that this is where the Lord wants me to be as of right now, so unless he leads us down another path before January...grad school it is! I will be pursuing a MA in English, an opportunity I am elated about!

The next step in this process is pursuing a GSA position, which stands for Graduate Student Assistant. This position is harder to get, as it is a full scholarship for the program, and several people want them! The education is free, and you are assigned two English 101 classes to teach under the guidance of a full-blown professor. The great part? It is a paid job as well! Not very much, but coupled with the free Master's and the teaching experience, it is a pretty sweet deal. On the down side, I am planning to start the program in January, and I'm not sure if there are any GSA positions open until next fall, so we may have to foot the bill for at least one semester.

We would ask your prayers on this issue as well, as we really can't afford grad school without one of these positions. I'm pretty nervous about it because I know many smart, qualified people who want these positions too, and I can't help but think, "Yeah, right! This isn't going to happen!" But, we are just trusting the Lord! If this is really what He wants then I think we'll be fine... if not.............. I know He has something else for me out there!

God Bless You All!

Hope your Halloween was great!


3 comments:

  1. YAY Haley!! I am so proud of you. You are right, if that is where God wants you, it is where you will be. Besides, you have worked hard and excelled in school. You have excellence on your side. As the Bible says, "Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men." Proverbs 22:29

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Dana! That is more encouraging than you know! I'm going to write that down somewhere to encourage me in this process, and also to convict me when I don't want to do my work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley,

    I am not the least bit surprised you were accepted. I took that for granted! You are so intelligent and you apply yourself with excellence to whatever you put your hand to. However, it's nice for you to know. :)

    I will be praying the Lord open up BOTH opportunities. I think you would be such an amazing GSA. I think you'd be thorough, you'd teach in depth, but you'd care about your students enough to be able to perceive if some weren't doing well but wanted to...

    Anyway, just saying I hope the Lord does have this for you come spring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...